Time to think.

Life is just so busy, you never seem to have enough time to get the really important things done and you miss loads of other stuff in the process. Then all of a sudden something happens that stops you in your tracks and makes you think.

My Mum had a heart attack on Easter Sunday, she fine, it was only a very mild one, more a warning really, but it could have been much worse, I lost my Dad to one when I was only 9. Then yesterday a lad I knew from school and had reconnected with on Facebook, in fact spent some of last week following his adventures in Dublin on holiday, die yesterday. Some things just stop you and make you think. These 2 event did just that.

My first thought on hearing about Mum was that I might have never seen her again, and if that had been the case did I have any thing I wish I had said to her, in this case I could answer no, she knows how much I love her and how great I think she is. I think that losing someone close at such an early age has meant that I normally try to keep a clean sheet where this sort of regret could happen, I then expand the thought to other friends and family and apart from a few minor things I feel quite happy that I have said all that needs to be said. But then I looked at a last group, old friends who I just don't see any more, and do regret that I am so crap at keeping in touch with them, so I will now try to rectify this, one a week, I can make time for that and think that it is worth it.

The picture is of Kep, his loss really hit me hard but that's not the reason for the picture, Trevor Pickford, my old school friends facebook profile picture was (or is) a blue Merle Collie so I think he would appreciate the picture.


----------------
Now playing: Oasis - don't look back in anger (Acoustic)
via FoxyTunes

Comments

Suburbia said…
Glad your mum is ok

Brilliant post, very poignant, made me think.

Lovely to see Kep
Anonymous said…
Glad your mum is ok Brett, she will have always known you loved her, many actions can speak louder than words.

Trev was a brilliant bloke, I too followed his ireland antics last week. I didnt know him for long yet he was worth knowing, he has so many friends you can tell that by his facebook page, everybody will miss him for their own reasons. RIP Trev xx
Marjolein said…
I'm glad your mum is okay!

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Action Day - Climate change, virgin birth, flat earth.

Last post

Do it.