Blog of the week - the DawnTreader Picturebook

When surfing the net I come across loads of great blogs, the ones I find the most interesting or entertaining I bookmark in a folder entitled blog of the week and when Monday comes round I open the file and see what I’ve got. For a few weeks one name as kept drawing my eye but has lost out to more recent finds, until I clicked on it today. At first I was unsure why it had made it in to the folder in the first place, although the name alone would make it stand out as I think it is just so cool, the DawnTreader Picturebook is really just a collection of everyday pictures, so why is it in the blog of the week folder?

Well for a start as I have said the name is so cool and the pictures are far from ordinary, they just look it until you start to notice that there are slight differences to what I would expect to see. These are the sorts of pictures I take for my Leek blog and although they look familiar there are differences in the buildings and street furniture that remind me that this is a totally different country, but it looks so like home. The next thing that I found on rereading the blog is that it is just the tip of the Dawn Treader iceberg with 3 other blogs, each well worth a visit and one of which is on the list for blog of the week. So although this is blog of the week it could also be Blogger of the week.

Now for an ordinary picture from Leek, this is a shot of the local scrap yard taken last winter in a snow storm, I have HDR’ed it and boosted the colour a bit, I just love the feel of the shot and all the detail.



----------------
Now playing: Simon & Garfunkel - The Sound Of Silence
via FoxyTunes

Comments

DawnTreader said…
Wow. Thank you very much for those kind words about my blog(s)! I will be returning to check yours out a bit more (bit short of time just now).
Scriptor Senex said…
Dawn Treader is a worthy winner of your award and I do so love your award picture!!

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Action Day - Climate change, virgin birth, flat earth.

Last post

New Year