A year in photos, unconnected images taken by me during my 41st year and now beyond!
Jab
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
This time last year I was in the Lakes photographing this, there was talk of a lock down but nothing was yet official. Today I'm off for my vaccine jab, what a strange year.
Have you ever put something off, that you really should have done, I have, getting assessed for dyslexia. Nearly my whole life I have had problems spelling, and have done every thing to avoid getting tested, why, because I was scared that I would not have it and be told I was just thick or lazy. Well yesterday I got tested, and the results surprised me. First I was informed that my reading ability was good to high, next I was informed that I have an IQ of over 120 (140 and over Genius or near genius 120-140 Very superior intelligence 110-120 Superior intelligence 90-110 Normal or average intelligence 80-90 Dullness 70-80 Borderline deficiency Below 70 Definite feeble-mindedness 70-80 Borderline deficiency 50-69 Moron 20-49 Imbecile below 20 Idiot.) They have changed the lower classification for a more PC wording but this is the original. Lastly I was informed that I am Dyslexic and my writing and spelling were well below what my intelligence suggested (that why it takes me forever...
Sunflowers seem to attract artists, like most flowers attract bees and now having one of my own I’m in no doubt why. But my link to the sun flower goes back a lot further than my interest in photograph, it started way back when I was 7 or 8 years old. We lived at that time in a terrace house that backed on to a factory and was hemmed in on either side by our neighbour’s houses, both my closest friend live on a different street down the road in larger houses with gardens (we moved later into one of these houses in the same street). One of my friend planted sunflower seeds in a section of the border that his mum had given him to grow things in and this lead me to try in my own garden. That garden consisted at that time of a patch of soil the size of two key boards side by side, at the foot of a fence, used mainly as a litter tray by the local cats. But I planted seeds out of my hamster food and up came sun flowers, right the way up to the great height of 3 inches only to fall foul of t...
You known how it is, you’ve loads to do and not much time, but with a little luck and a bit of careful planning and you can fit it all in and than someone makes you BLOG OF NOTE!!!!!! WOW, Arghhhhhhhhhh!. From around 25 readers to 3451 by the end of the day, and what a post to have on the blog, I nearly did not write it, it was very personal and maybe too private to share, but I known that there are others, like me, out there and thought that if it just helped one person it made the risk worth while, well its shared now. Now this is pressure, writing knowing that lots of people will read this, do I make a grand statement, do I get stage fright and dry up, no I’ll just babble on as I always do, it’s worked so far. First, Blog of note people, thank you, this really means a lot to me, I’ve read most of the blogs of notes since I started blogging and feel stunned to be in their company. Next, if you’re reading this blog for the first time, welcome, make your self at home, there’s ...
Comments