Wedding daze

This is the first of a set of images of places that mean something to me, and in taking them I have had to revisit those places and also go back to the time that they are connected with. It is very self indulgent, but it’s my blog and I can do almost what I want. So to start, this image is the most worked on I’ve posted and that reflex how much I wanted it here. This is the church I got married in and is here because I have so many special places that me and Caz have shared that to pick one was impossible, so this is a symbol for all of those. I love history and when visiting places I try to imagine what it was like in the past, it’s the same with these places as I visited each one it was like watching a film of the past rolling before my eyes, I could see Caz and me standing on those steps, in the later shots I could fill the spaces with people now long gone and voices now long silent, sometimes this blog takes me places I’d forgotten. Great isn’t it.



----------------
Now playing: Billy Idol - White Wedding
via FoxyTunes

Comments

dave said…
this is a beautiful picture, especially knowing that it holds a great degree of sentimental value. this was a great pick to use as a symbolic gesture. is this photo hdr?
Lisa B said…
You are off to a brilliant start for your week! Super shot, love the focal point and processing. Looking forward to more :0).
Michaela said…
Um, to be fairly honest, the first thing I thought when I saw this picture was, "Holy crap! That is frickin' fantastic." Yeah, that's pretty much all I have to say.

Michaela
What a stunning building-- I get so jealous of the history that surrounds you in Europe!
Beautifully written to accompany such a striking evocative image. I agree revisiting images stirs the memories, good and bad.
Oh, man. Stunning. Like Michaela said..."holy crap!"

Popular posts from this blog

Do it.

Sun Flower by Brett Trafford

Dock of the day.