The Cranberries – Linger

For the next week a set of post about my favorite songs, i love music and these are just a few that get to me for different reasons, some are very personal and other just brought to your attention as they don't get heard enough. I've started with this one as its just perfect.


It the opening that gets me, the first stirrings of the strings brings a tear to my eye, just like a good song should. That’s why I’ve chosen this one; it moves me, just for what it is, like few other songs ever do. Most songs trigger a feeling based on a link to a time, a place or a person, but this hits something deep down, a sort of harmonic and it really does bring tears to my eyes. Dolores O'Riordan is one of that small group of singers whose accent comes through when they sing, Cerys from Catatonia is another one, this coupled with the fact that its an Irish accent, means that it really hits the spot. Today's photo of a Dandelion on the patio.



----------------
Now playing: The Cranberries - Linger
via FoxyTunes

Comments

Suburbia said…
I sang (probably very badly!) through the whole track!! Thanks for reminding me, the opening is indeed brilliant!

Great idea about photographing the patio!
Can Bass 1 said…
So did I (although not too badly, I should hope - being a singer and all that). Actually, this is not usually my repertoire, but the girls I teach will like it. Many thanks for the idea!
I agree about the accent. This could just have been a mediocre pop song, but her voice is really haunting and indeed the whole track lingers long after the ipod has stopeed.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Action Day - Climate change, virgin birth, flat earth.

Last post

New Year