Where have all the Bees gone?

I hate Monday’s, it seems that you spend most of your life doing things you don’t want to, take today, between working at home and working at work I’ll have blown 9 hours, time spent taking photos ¾ of an hour. Photo actually taken, zero. The reason for such a low number is that I’m trying to photograph Bees, and for some reason after setting up the kit and testing the exposure, which takes ages, no Bees then show up!

Anyway the blog still needs feeding so today’s photo is one I took last month, just before I found the fox cubs. It is a fantastic old tree, which I think has died but is not being felled as it provides a home to lots of wild life. It would not fit into one frame so I took 3 shots and joined them and then turn the image into a high contrast black and white, I’m happy with the look.






----------------
Now playing: Tori Amos - Enjoy the Silence (Depeche Mode cover)
via FoxyTunes

Comments

laurie said…
i love the haunting feeling of this photo. that's a great old tree.
Ashley said…
Beautiful picture.

And I hate Mondays as well. They're always so busy and exhausting.

Good luck with photographing the bees!
Great picture, and again, great tune.

I love that high contrast B&W look - my brother used to develop his own black and white prints and got really good at getting this look from classic 35mm shots. Some of his stuff still hangs in various family members living rooms...
T said…
Great shot of the tree and great post processing putting it all together. Lovely how something that has lost it's own life is now sustaining life.
The D in D & T said…
absolutely gorgeous photo, just awesome.
Stunning shot. Very haunting. The British Honeybee is sadly on the decline, which will have a knock on effect for us all.

The bikes have taken over my photograhic life.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Action Day - Climate change, virgin birth, flat earth.

Last post

New Year