Dirty mac time again

Having to post a picture every day (this is photo 143) does mean that my creativity is stretched to breaking point, which was the whole point. Take today’s image, it’s something we see every day, but looked at on its own and outside of it usual contexts, it does create a striking image. That is one of the tricks of photography; the ability to “see” an image and it’s the hardest one to learn or teach. The first thing I notice when I started to learn about photography was that I really started to look at the world, by that I mean I really started to notice colour and shape and the way things were framed by other things, photos started to appear before my eyes, almost like I was walking around with a frame in my hand and holding it up to view the world before me. One aspect of this that almost gets me into trouble is that I find myself staring at pretty girls, I known that I did that before I started taking photos, but now its girls that I might not find attractive, but find photogenic, but being a shy retiring type I very rarely approach them as photographer have such a seedy image (photography, ay? 'Photographs, ay', he asked him knowingly?). Still I might pick up enough courage to ask someone soon, we have had no portraits on here yet.






----------------
Now playing: Placebo - Protége Moi (M83 remix)
via FoxyTunes

Comments

Anonymous said…
Wink wink, nudge nudge...

I was walking around Leiden the other day and it was supposed to rain, so I didn't take my camera along. But then the sun came out, and after doing some shopping on the market we took a detour back, and we ended up in the most amazing places (I've lived in Leiden for 3 years before I moved to Rotterdam). I kept seeing great photo opportunities everywhere and had nothing to capture them with! So frustrating.
Suburbia said…
ARE YOU TRYING TO 'UP' YOUR RATINGS WITH THE POST TITLE?!!
Anonymous said…
Great picture seach a familiar thing coming a great view!!
Years ago my friend and I were approached by a photographer to to do a shoot. He was very polite, very unseedy, but we declined. I am not a portrait photograher, it doesn't interest me unless I can snap people my way, as they are.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Action Day - Climate change, virgin birth, flat earth.

Last post

New Year