Its in the can

Do you think that in 200 years time people will be walking down the sides of motorways enjoying the peace and quite of the countryside? I’m sure that 200 years ago people (if they had the time) would have thought it highly unlikely that people would be doing that on the side of the newly opened canals. Completed in 1779 the Caldon canal was the super highway of its day, carrying Limestone from Caldon Low quarry to the main Trent and Mersey canal. Today it is a place of quite reflection, used only as recreational water way. Today the picture reflects the mix of old and new, a water can on the roof of a modern barge, painted in a manner that echoes back to the old days.



----------------
Now playing: Inxs - Dont Change
via FoxyTunes

Comments

Oh canals. Know well from my native Brum. Even Legged through the longest one in the UK. No canals here, or motorways actually. There are hobbits, no that's a lie, just some very strange locals. Excellent image the juxtaposition of the old and new. There is a photo by Jacques-Henri Lartigue, of the newly developed car passing the older horse drawn carriage and that's what your narrative reminded me of.

Can you handle the traffic? Off to photograph a all girl rock Band.
Brett said…
Girl rock band, carn't wait for the photos, traffic has now dropted back to more normal numbers.
Jeeyo Garcia said…
wow...this blog is kinda good...i like it...
i dunno how long you are blogging.
please visit mine also
http://bloggingdiscuzz.blogspot.com/
Anonymous said…
Nice blog.........

VISIT http://emanonpublic.blogspot.com/
http://emanonschatroom.blogspot.com/
Unknown said…
Where do you find such bizarre things to take pictures of ? Bizarre as they may be , I personally think they are absolutely brilliant and have excellent thought behind them....!!
Karma said…
I'm glad you like my blog! I enjoy reading yours, too! You seem very talented!
Anonymous said…
What is your inspiration to find such unique subjects for photography? very interesting! I like it very much.
This is my second trip to your blog, Ilike to take photo's also. Its just a hobbie for me. I do post a lot of them but 95% never get posted. But I see you have a good eye! Congrats on being a "blog of note"
Anonymous said…
Fab photo - I especially like the b/w background!

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Action Day - Climate change, virgin birth, flat earth.

Last post

New Year