Hello

Spent the first part of the day surfing some of my favourite blogs, it still amazes me how good the writing is across lots of very differing styles, one blog in particular need a mention, Big Blue Barn West, the life story so far of its writer, do not read this if you cannot handle your emotions, it can really get to you, but in a very good way. As for my writing, well I think its improving (a bit). Today’s photo was taken at the Rutland Falconry & Owl Centre, a fantastic place which is miles away from the more formal zoo’s and game parks, giving you a chance to see the birds really close up. From talking to the owner it seems that a lot of the animals are rescued or saved from other collections, for some a real last chance at life. More picture from here later in the week.



----------------
Now playing: Blondie - Rapture
via FoxyTunes

Comments

JAMJARSUPERSTAR said…
Yes your writing is getting better - not that it's ever been bad!

Your photos on the other hand continue to be brilliant - still in awe of some of the talented photographers on here. I think this is yuor best yet!
Ciao

Scarlet
Ranger Faff said…
Wow.
That is one of the most beautiful images I've ever seen.
aims said…
Oh my goodness!

I came here to thank you for your lovely comment. I've been before and voted for you on BOB's of course.

But Brett! Thank you for your lovely comments.

It has been very hard to write this whole story. I am into chapter 14 of the book but some days it just doesn't seem to want to get into words as the emotions are far too overwhelming. My mind churns at it almost 24 hours of the day.

Still - Comments such as yours help me to continue - and I really do appreciate that.

Thank you.

I agree with Scarlet and Ranger Faff...your photos are brilliant!
I am in awe of your talent!
Well I am always going to favour this shot, me being a bird bewitcher et al. As for the writing, it's all subjective. I genuinely find just letting the words roll, works best for me, and is appreciated more. I do think the best writing is what derives from one's own honesty. It my not be ptretty, but ist sure won't be boring. Oh, Of course having a good 'ole rant seems to get readers recepetive juices going. You right just fine. Honest, informative, whimsical and not overlong.
Aims at Big Blue Barn gets my vote every day...

And today's photo and choice of music are both excellent too. You;re a man of discerning taste, obviously...
Jackie said…
Beautiful picture. Love the twinkle in the eye.

Jackie
http://josieandpeter.blogspot.com/

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Action Day - Climate change, virgin birth, flat earth.

Last post

Do it.