Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie

"The best-laid plans of mice and men/often go awry," as they say and that’s what todays been like. First the computer resets my Firefox back to the year zero, no bookmarks, no home page, no nothing! Then when I finally manage to reset it all Photobucket decides to shut down so I can not post any pictures. Still all that’s behind me, I hope, so on with the post.

Today’s picture is another one comprised of 5 photos joined together, why and how I hear you cry, well some of you. The why I will cover here, the how on my other blog. Why go to the trouble of joining pictures together, well it would be easier to use a wide lens to fit it all in, but some time it is just not possible to capture the whole scene in one shot, also with a wide lens the image will only be one frames worth of data and if it’s a big scene with lots of detail, this might not be good enough. Take this shot on a wide lens it would be 10mb in size, but joined together it is 29mb, or put it another way the 35cm long as appose 88cm long with the same image quality, nearly a meter long with the same quality as an A4 print! With some of the landscape shots that would make for some very impressive looking prints.





----------------
Now playing: Bryan Adams - Summer Of '69
via FoxyTunes

Comments

You have my sympatises with firefox. Does it to me too about once every 3 months. My deranged laptop has now lost internet connection, so I'm having a blitz in the library. I have never stitched any pics together. Keep meaning to try some panoramas, but just forget to. Keep up the good work as best you can.
JAMJARSUPERSTAR said…
Lucky I'm not on Firefox then! I've been having problems with the laptop connection though, just like Babooshka!
I think that stitching the photos together must be painstaking but worth it - you know what you're doing and I'm no photographer; I trust your judgement as your shots are always amazing dahling!
Ciao

Scarlet

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Action Day - Climate change, virgin birth, flat earth.

Last post

Do it.