Motivation, or lack of.

It’s raining again, it seems like we have had nothing but rain for nearly two weeks, great for the garden but crap for taking photos. Its not the conditions are bad for photography, but that when it’s chucking it down I just do not want to go outside, I’m not inspired to grab my camera and go for a walk. But, this blog needs some photos, so as soon as I finish this post it’s on with the waterproofs and out to grab some shots, and hope I don’t drown. This could be the time for some great atmospheric shots of old Leek, or some subdued shots of the local wood land, or just an excuse to get soaked to the skin. When all is dull and dark what inspires you, what get you up and going, is it pressure from loved ones or are you driven by your self?

Today’s picture is a shot taken some weeks (seems like years) ago, the only sun I will see today.




----------------
Now playing: Placebo - Placebo - English Summer Rain (Freelance Hellraiser Remix)
via FoxyTunes

Comments

JAMJARSUPERSTAR said…
Only two weeks? Try two months, like it has been in the cold hard north love! Seriously, people from the south do nothing but complain...

Heck, I'm only joking! You don't really complain that much unless I'm berating the use of saxophones. I would like some sun though - my skin can't get much pastier and I hate the look of fake tan.
Ciao

Scarlet x
Anonymous said…
There is nothing like the contrast of the yellow of a sunflower against the blue of the sky. Beautiful!
Suburbia said…
Well that has cheered up a foul day! Will we ever see sun again?!

Me? Selfmotiveted mostly, though the kids 'pester power' takes some beating!
dave said…
this cheered me up.
Karma said…
I hate the rain.. Ha. I like the sun.... :D Sorry, that was too negative! :DDDDDDD smiles! :DDDDDD Okay. Anyways, the flower seemed to perk me up a bit.
Unknown said…
Wow, Gorgeous blog and amazing photos!! It has been rainy here too for quite some time now, the local newspaper said it's the wettest season in history of record keeping.

I've been dying to get out there and shoot some good shots, you are someone to look up to for that, you have stunning pics!!!!!
Stellar!!! This shot makes me very happy!
I wish is would rain here in San Diego. Its been bone dry for months now.
I love the contrasting colors in this photo. It has such a happy feel
Marshall Family said…
oh now this i do love :) absolutely stunning :)
aims said…
Oh Brett! This picture comes at the perfect time - having just posted about losing my dearest Cid.

Thank you again. It was his favorite flower.
Anonymous said…
Remember Sleepless in Seattle? "I just get up, breath in and our all day long... " Well, for me it's like that somethimes. Just the actions, nothing invested. But the repetitive nature reminds me of something I felt once upon a memory. So if I have those days lacking in motivation I act as though it is not lacking. Then I never wonder what I missed while pouting on the couch~ and it gets me through till my husband arrives home. Is that what you were looking for?

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Action Day - Climate change, virgin birth, flat earth.

Last post

Do it.