!!!!!

Quote Sunday,

“Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

“In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.”

“It is often said that before you die your life passes before your eyes. It is in fact true. It's called living.”

“It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing.”

“Five exclamation marks, the sure sign of an insane mind.”

“Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.”

“People who are rather more than six feet tall and nearly as broad across the shoulders often have uneventful journeys. People jump out at them from behind rocks then say things like, "Oh. Sorry. I thought you were someone else."”

“Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up”

Because his books (nearly all of them!) are all on a shelf on their own and I felt guilty that they did not get on the photo.



----------------
Now playing: David Bowie - The Jean Genie
via FoxyTunes

Comments

Well the exlamation marks I use are more than 5 so obviously no hope for me. Interesting batch of quotes and snippets today. You may have some unexpected traffic. Backlined to you on a earlier post. Is this a different place to the mono I swooned over? No hinges which makes me think it is. Love the golden tones and the textures.
aims said…
Seems everyone's at it today Brett.

Have a look over at Mean Mom's. She's got a number of funnies going on.... http://meanmoodymiddleagedmom.blogspot.com/

Love the pic btw! Isn't that wood fantastic against those stones!!!!!!
Mean Mom said…
Having been sent here by aims, I just couldn't leave with making a comment! Note, only one exclamation mark, but I suppose I should own up to the fact that I often use 2. It's a slippery slope.

Good quotes. I have cats so I've first hand experience of that one. I very much liked the one about life passing before your eyes.

You're playing The Jean Genie? Where's your Christmas music? It's Christmas time! ;0)

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Action Day - Climate change, virgin birth, flat earth.

Last post

Do it.