Wednesday, May 7, 2008

surprise, surprise

I was lying in the grass at the side of a field, totally focused on the most perfectly framed and lit rabbit I had ever seen, just at the moment when I was about to commit it to film, it spooked, up and ran. After muttering a few words under my breath I sat up, 20 feet away across the corner of the field, with an equally miffed expression on its face, so did a fox. We shared a look, part surprise, part “so it was you that upset my breakfast/photo”, I reached for my camera and in a blink the fox vanished without a sound. When ever I see a fox close up I still feel that it’s an honour to be treasured, today I was honoured, by a ratty example of the noble breed, but it was still wonderful. This time it surprised me by walking around a tree I was standing by, but before it legged it I got a quick photo




----------------
Now playing: Evanesense - Heart Shaped Box (nirvana cover)
via FoxyTunes

Stumble Upon Toolbar

7 comments:

Polergirl said...

Beautiful photo! You weren't outfoxed today then! Lol x

Ranger Faff said...

Nice grab shot!

Bet Carolyn loves today's music - not!

JAMJARSUPERSTAR said...

Yeah, great! The fox still looks a little miffed...
Ciao

http://scarletsculturegarden.blogspot.com
http://jamjarsuperstar.blogspot.com

caro said...

No not that one!!!!!

Globus said...

despite the expendability of the wabbit, that's a good pic of a fox :-)

Suburbia said...

You are right about feeling honoured when you see one. I do to. I saw one last night on our street, he was a fine specimine.

navya said...

Do you still use free service like blogspot.com or wordpress.com but
they have less control and less features.
shift to next generation blog service which provide free websites for
your blog at free of cost.
get fully controllable (yourname.com)and more features like
forums,wiki,CMS and email services for your blog and many more free
services.
hundreds reported 300% increase in the blog traffic and revenue
join next generation blogging services at www.hyperwebenable.com
regards
www.hyperwebenable.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails